While the affected countries are struggling to arrange for the testing kits and PPE kits to secure their people and health care workers, so far no vaccine has been invented for the novel corona virus. As we all comprehend the fact that prevention is always better than cure especially in the most horrific outbreak of COVID 19 in 2020, stay away from the virus by takingthe below precautions and follow the guidelines issued by the government or local public health agency.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- STAY HOME STAY SAFE as this is the only way to curb the virus spread.
- Maintain at least three feet distance from anyone who is coughing or sneezing and avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water frequently for at least 20 seconds.
- Sanitize your hands frequently with an alcohol based sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth as these are the pathways for the virus to enter into your body.
- Wear a mask if you are going out in public and dispose it safely or wash it if reusable.
- Stayhome if you are sick. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty in breathing, seek medical care immediately by contacting COVID helpline numbers.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then dispose of the tissue safely or cover with your bent elbow so that you do not infect others.
- Clean and disinfect frequently-touched objects and surfaces with sanitizer.
Center extends COVID lockdown till May 3to sustain the spread of virus; this doesn’t make the score zero. So here are few precautions you need to take after the lockdown when you resume your daily routine so that you don’t catch the virus.
Few tips to help you:
- Completely follow social distancing. Do not go to a crowded place at least for a year.
- Stay away from people who are sick or cough or sneeze.
- Keep the mask on when you go out.
- Postpone travel abroad for two years.
- Do not eat outside for one year. Make a habit of eating fresh and healthy home food.
- Do not go to unnecessary social gatherings.
- Do not go to the cinema, malls, parks, religious gatherings or any crowded places at least for one year.
- Most importantly build your immunity to protect yourself from the deadly viruses.
Here is an immunity booster diet chart issued by Public Health Department, Maharashtra.Bring a change in your diet and life style to raise your immune system and keep your body ready to fight against the entire pestilence.