When you see somebody who is beautiful, lean and healthy do you feel that why am I like this?. Obesity or overweight is a common problem nowadays. You were slim when you were young and may be at the age of 30 or 30+ suddenly you start becoming obese and gain weight. This problem as you think does not happen suddenly, but due to many mistakes which you do knowingly or unknowingly. Education, location, consumption of fast foods and snacks, use of computer, television viewing and physical exercise are identified as playing a key role in affecting the BMI and resulting in obesity and overweight.
None of your attempts like heavy workouts, healthy diet, and walking along with yoga and meditation worked. Then we try to tell you about garlic and honey which give beautiful outputs and help decreasing weight. From ancient times there are many medicines made of herbs, roots, leaves, fruits, honey etc for all health problems. But, garlic which has allicin a sulphur compound in it has medicinal values which people don’t know.
Garlic is rich in vitamins B6 and C and manganese and low in calories. Garlic helps to treat may bloodstream and heart problems like high cholesterol, hereditary high cholesterol, high and low blood pressures, atherosclerosis, heart attack and coronary heart diseases. Garlic can also prevent stomach cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, colon cancer, multiple myeloma, rectal cancer and lung cancer. Chronic fatigue syndrome and menstrual disorders also can be cured by the use of garlic.
What are the uses of Garlic:
Allicin a sulphur compound present in garlic has many medicinal properties and is thus used in treating many ailments. Researches have also concluded that it plays a key role in weight loss. Some more uses are:
- Garlic supplementation helps reduce high blood pressure.
- People who have high cholesterol on taking garlic can reduce LDL and total cholesterol.
- Brain disease like dementia and Alzheimer’s can be cured by garlic use due to its antioxidant properties.
- Antioxidants also help prevent ageing and cell damage.
- Stimulates the satiety hormone and helps reduce oily stuff, binge eating and sugar cravings.
- Boosts metabolism by release of norepinephrine a neurotransmitter.
- Boosts immune system.
- Inhibits process of breaking down of stored fats.
- Contains traces of minerals (selenium, sulphur, zinc, magnesium, iron and copper), vitamins A, C, and E and amino acids.
- The sulphur compounds in garlic fight against organ damage caused by heavy metals.
- It has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
- Allicin lowers insulin and cholesterol levels and controls blood pressure.
- A effective diuretic and powerful detoxifier.
- Dissolves blood clots which lead to heart stroke.
- It aids in removing excess mucus from the body.
- Helps in treating hyperlipidemia, thrombosis and diabetes.
- Increase life span.
What are the uses of Honey:
Honey is a natural sweetener and referred to as liquid gold .
- Seasonal allergy symptoms can be controlled by the use of honey.
- It is an excellent source of glucose and fructose.
- Boost memory in postmenopausal women.
- Serotonin a neurotransmitter present in honey can improve sleep.
- Can reduce the risk of heart diseases and some cancers as it contains antioxidants and flavonoids.
- Helps in weight loss, improving eyesight, bronchial asthma, urinary tract infections, nausea, diarrhea, curing impotence and premature ejaculation.
- Regulates blood sugar.
- Its antifungal and antibacterial qualities help treat bacterial gastroenteritis and ulcers.
- Helps athletes recover fast by maintaining glycogen levels.
- Effective in treating throat irritation and cough.
- Helps in treating wounds and burns.
- Honey includes 4 species of bifidobacteria and 6 species of lactobacilli and hence is an excellent probiotic.
- Can be used in beauty treatments and in face masks.
Hope you got a clear idea of the uses of garlic and honey. Now let us know how both garlic and honey together help you in your weight loss program.
Methods to include Garlic and Honey in your weight loss program:
This can be done in two ways.
This mixture should be consumed in the morning before breakfast. Mix one teaspoon of garlic juice, honey and apple cider vinegar in one glass of water and drink it. You can also add a pinch of pepper and two tablespoons lemon juice for more benefit.
On a low flame let 1 cup each of garlic juice, ginger juice, lemon juice and apple cider vinegar boil until it is reduced to 3 cups. Then it cool down to room temperature. Then add 1 cup of honey and store in a airtight container and before breakfast drink one tablespoon of the mixture daily.
- Crush 3 garlic cloves mix with lemon water and take every morning.
- Crush 2 cloves and leave aside for 10 minutes, so that when it interacts with oxygen produces allicin. Use it in salads, soups, and sauce.
- Take 1 teaspoon of garlic juice followed by lukewarm water.
- Only 4 cloves to be consumed per day.
- Pregnant and lactating women and patients with heart problems should discuss with their physician before trying the above methods.
- Garlic is not advised for asthma patients.
- Stop consuming garlic if flatulence, lowered blood pressure, stomach upset and heartburn are observed.
- Garlic prolongs bleeding so avoid if you had a surgery recently or if you have cuts.
Physical exercise like 15 minutes brisk walk or yoga regularly is advisable along with the above to burn calories to make a perfect weight loss regimen.