“Health is Wealth”, people think this is a very old quote but in this fast paced and competitive world living in good health is a gift. Being healthy just doesn’t mean being physically strong but also mentally. A healthy human being not only can keep himself happy
- Daily practice of meditation and yoga keeps not only the body fit but also helps in building good thoughts, anger management, positive thinking, accepting problems.
- Always keeping the brain engaged with good thoughts, brain games, indoor games which help develop plans for future and present.
- Drinking ample amount of water increases the effectiveness of the body and healthy and glowing skin.
- 1 litre or at least 2 glasses after waking up activates internal organs.
- 1 glass before a meal and 1 glass lukewarm water 40 minutes after a meal.
- 1 glass before a shower lowers blood pressure.
- 1 glass before bed avoids stroke and heart attacks.
- Being happy and enjoying every daily chores of work, which indirectly makes the people around happy and develops positive energy around you.
- Intake of good amount of green leafy vegetables, vegetables, citrus based fruits, dry fruits.
- Never skip breakfast and should be a combination of proteins, milk, almonds, walnuts, fruits, berries, juices, pulses etc. Eating something every 3 hours.
- Lunch with just a cup of rice or chapatis, much of dal, curries, salads.
- In the evenings a cup of green tea and having some fruits.
- Eating dinner which is less spicy and oily before 8 or 8:30.
- Sound sleep of minimum 8 hours a day and short naps between work which keep the brain and body active.
- Less intake of carbohydrates and oily foods.
- Staying away from junk foods, soft drinks.
- Smoking, drinking alcohol, drugs etc.
- Not to be involved in unnecessary arguments.
- Negative thoughts.
In the competitive world, people are running for money and neglecting their health. Wealth without good health is of no value. People plan and think of doing exercise and staying on a healthy diet everyday but tend to forget in their busy schedule. One can get through this problem by the below suggestions:
- Make a chart of what to do for a healthy and happy day and paste it opposite to your bed.
- Set alarm or reminder for every hour to drink water.
- Place a note at your laptop or desktop to eat fruits or to walk for 10 minutes every one hour at your workplace.
- Set an alarm to remind yourself of jogging or cycling in the morning and evening.
- Keep a reminder mail that reminds of a meditation class to attend in weekends.
Arrange note’s at home at refrigerator and dining table not to eat fatty and oily foods.